Forums - Life Purpose & Meaning - Dressing for a Cocktail Party? | PsychicPower.com

Dressing for a Cocktail Party?

#1 Posted on
7/14/2011 9:47:14 PM
by kittylin
When you have an invitation to a Cocktail Party what do you wear exactly? It has a 7.30pm start so it's not afternoon..it's evening... It's not smart casual..it's specifically cocktail.... Would pants still be ok for a lady to wear? Or should i wear a very formal dress? i do not wear formal dress before , i usually wear simple t-shirt and pant , really do not know how to choose formal dress , my friend have bought many karen millen dress from : www.karenmillen-coats.com before , so i want to try karen millen dress,can you give me some suggestions which dress to choose? And for a guy - would they wear a suit?Where i can buy the most nice suit? What do you think?
#2 Posted on
7/20/2011 12:26:06 AM
by Bonnie
How interesting, to be invited to a cocktail party! The easy stuff first - yes, a gentleman would wear a suit to a formal cocktail party. As for yourself - you will want to wear something that you feel comfortable in. It really doesn't matter where you purchase your dress, just that you are comfortable in it, and that it makes you feel good. :) I would suggest a simple black dress, which can be "changed out" for different occasions by changing jewelry and accessories. Have fun with this! :) Blessings, Bonnie